Idyllic suburban lifestyle within an hour of Manhattan
Homes for Sale in Ridgewood
Welcome To Ridgewood
Ridgewood’s real estate is comprised of beautifully designed single-family homes on generous and well-manicured lots. Properties include early-20th century Colonials and modern custom builds, along with a selection of apartments and condominiums.
What to Love
- Within an hour of Manhattan
- Community-orientated feel
- Bustling downtown area
- Outstanding public schools
People & Lifestyle
Dining, Entertainment & Shopping
In terms of entertainment, the classic Art Deco Warner Quad Movie Theater has been in operation since the 1930s, showing a mix of blockbusters and art house films in a stylish setting. Ridgewood Guild International Film Festival brings special screenings and red carpet premieres to this delightful cinema each April. Charming independent businesses include Bookends, which hosts regular book signings, and Town & Country Apothecary & Fine Cosmetics.
Things to Do
More community events take place at Vet’s Field, which has sports fields and playgrounds for use throughout the year. The beach-style pool at Graydon Park is another great Ridgewood spot to unwind and enjoy the summertime. Saddle River Country Park covers almost 600 acres between Ridgewood, Rochelle Park, and Glen Rock, with attractions including a wild duck pond.
New arrivals should register with Ridgewood Newcomers, which has been introducing new transplants to Ridgewood’s many community organizations, clubs, and activities since the 1940s.
- Willard Elementary, Public, K-5, National Blue Ribbon Award Winner
- Ridge Elementary, Public, K-5
- Orchard Elementary, Public, K-5
- Somerville Elementary, Public, K-5
- Hawes Elementary, Public, K-5
- Ben Franklin Middle, Public, 6-8, National Blue Ribbon Award Winner
- George Washington Middle, Public, 6-8
- Ridgewood High School, Public, 9-12, National Blue Ribbon Award Winner